Please read this Mobile Application End User Licence Agreement (“Agreement”) carefully before using the Helpfie mobile application to understand your rights and obligations.
This Mobile Application End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is a binding agreement between you ("End User" or "you" or “Licensee”) and eBlocks Limited ("Company"). This Agreement governs your access to or use of the Helpfie Smart EMS Kenya Application on any Android mobile platform, (including all related documentation, the "Application"). The Application is provided under license, not sold, to you.
BY CLICKING THE "AGREE" BUTTON, YOU:
(A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT;
(B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND
(C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION AND DELETE IT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
Please note that you are accepting this Agreement on your behalf and on behalf of other people who access or use the Application on the device that you own or control and that lawfully runs the applicable version of the Android OS (“Mobile Device”)
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN SHALL BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU HAVE OBTAINED SUCH PARENT OR GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO DOWNLOAD THIS APPLICATION.
1. Licence Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and non transferable licence to:
a) download, install, and use the Application for your personal, non-commercial use on a single mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you ("Mobile Device") strictly in accordance with the Application's documentation; and
2. Licence Restrictions. Licensee shall not:
a) copy the Application, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
b) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Application;
c) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Application or any part thereof;
d) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Application, including any copy thereof;
e) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Application, or any features or functionality of the Application, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Application available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or
f) remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Application; or
g) use the Application in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including any power generation systems; aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems; safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.
h) Reinstall earlier versions of the Application Software .
i) violate any laws, regulations or statutes or rights of the Company or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the Application
j) obtain the Application Software in any manner other than through the Company’s authorized distribution methods; or
k) exploit the Application in any unlicensed manner.
These restrictions will be construed to apply to the greatest extent permitted by the law
3. Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Application is provided under licence, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership rights or interests in the Application under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Application in accordance with the licence granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. The Company reserves and shall retain its entire right, title, and interest in and to the Application, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
5. Updates. The company may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Application updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, "Updates"). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that the Company has no obligation to provide any updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
a) the Application will automatically download and install all available updates; or
b) you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available updates.
You shall promptly download and install all updates and acknowledge and agree that the Application or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all updates will be deemed part of the Application and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Please note that your rights to use previous versions of the Application software other than the current version terminate as soon as you have the most current version of the Application installed on the Mobile Device
6. Third-Party Materials. The Application may display, include, make available or provide you with third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising ("Third-Party Materials"). You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. The Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
7. Term and Termination.
a) The term of Agreement commences when you acknowledge your acceptance by hitting the “ACCEPT” button and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Company as set forth in this Section 8.
b) You may terminate this Agreement by deleting or uninstalling the Application and all copies thereof from your Mobile Device.
c) The Company may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Application, which the Company may do in its sole discretion or for any or no other reason. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
d) Upon termination:
i) all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
ii) you must cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application from your Mobile Device and account.
e) Termination will not limit any of the Company's rights or remedies at law or in equity.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO LICENSEE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APPLICATION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SUPPORTED DEVICES AND MIGHT NOT WORK ON EVERY DEVICE. DETERMINING WHETHER YOUR DEVICE IS A SUPPORTED OR COMPATIBLE DEVICE FOR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, AND DOWNLOADING THE APPLICATION IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
9. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
A) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OF DAMAGE WHETHER DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
B) DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE NOT TO ADMINISTER EMS PROTOCOLS OR ANY OTHER PROCEDURE IN RESPONSE TO A MEDICAL EMERGENCY UNLESS YOU ARE A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL OR FIRST RESPONDER WITH THE REQUISITE TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE TO ADMINISTER EMS PROTOCOLS. THE COMPANY WILL IN NO WAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR ACTIONS IN ADMINISTERING EMS PROTOCOLS OR YOUR USE OR ADMINISTRATION OF ANY MEDICAL DEVICE. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT IN THE APP. THE INFORMATION ON THE APP IS NOT MEANT TO BE EXHAUSTIVE. THE APP SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT BY A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL OR FIRST RESPONDER. THE USER SHOULD MAKE OWN DECISIONS ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS, DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF ANY PATIENT UNDER THE USER’S CARE. USER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DECISIONS AND ACTIONS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN INVOLVING PATIENT CARE.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable legal fees and costs, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Application or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this Application. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by the Company in the defense of any Claims.
11. Export Regulation. You acknowledge that this Application may include Kenya technical data subject to restrictions under export control laws and regulations administered by the Kenyan government. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations, and will not export or re-export the Application in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly. You also agree not to provide access to any part of the Application to anyone who you have reason to know may use the Application in the development of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.
12. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
13. Governing Law. Kenyan law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflicts of law’s provisions. To resolve any legal dispute arising from this Agreement, you and the Company agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of Kenyan courts in Nairobi County. The Company does not represent that the Application is appropriate or available for use in all counties or countries. The Company prohibits accessing materials from countries or counties where contents are illegal. You are using the Application on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
14. Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
16. Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.